Steel Viking delivered information by which we were able to better manage our costs, lower inventory levels, and make confident decisions regarding our prices & margins. The software was a major factor that contributed to our road back to profitability.Jerry Zeitler, President of Die-Matic Corporation, Cleveland, OH
Steel Viking offers the full range of ERP capabilities to small and mid-sized manufacturers. SV automates the entire manufacturing process, from quoting through to invoicing — including full plant floor automation, inventory control — with workflow processing and supporting functions.
Uses company’s preferred Excel-based quoting and integrates within the workflow, sharing data bi-directionally.
- Quote approvals with “Inbox” processing
- Configurable pricing formulas
- Electronic customer touch points, including formal quote and no quote
- Carry forward to item setup for awarded quotes
- Quote vs. actual cost comparisons
Engineer to Order
Supports many variations of item and tool set up.
- Flexible, multi-tiered pricing structures
- Standard and alternate part routings
- Bills of Materials
Emphasizes efficient order entry, with data controls to ensure accuracy.
- Quote to order and order to order copy
- EDI and web portal integration
- Make to stock or order
- Electronic order confirmations
Various scheduling tools to fit an organization.
- Excel extract and import
- Capacity planning
- Workcenter-job “drag and drop”, replacing plant floor whiteboards
- Dashboards with display of “next” scheduled shop order for clock in
Purchasing and Receiving
Supports all types of raw material, outside process, and miscellaneous purchases.
- Bar coded material receipts
- RFQ and final PO electronic processing
- PO approvals based on type, value, department
- Lot level material traceability and labeling
- Receipt notification
- Material certification linkages
- Payables link to POs and receipts
Comprehensive production planning and execution.
- Secured plant floor capture with bar coding for job clocking and material issuance
- Outside process shippers and receivers with lot control
- Numerous edits and controls for data quality
- Custom floor paperwork:Work orders, routers, material labels, inspection documents
- Performance reports for productivity, scrap, yield and schedule tracking
Shipping and Invoicing
Many standard and distinctive shipping and invoicing functions.
- Pending shippers for advanced paperwork prep
- Multiple document types: Bill of landing, packing list, material cert, customs invoice, SED, skid tag
- Warehouse consignment pull downloads
- Electronic invoicing option
- Location level tracking
- Logistics planning